Monday 19 September 2011

Who, What and Why?

My name is Lavender George and I am an artist living in Bournemouth, UK, and I decided to join in the Arthouse Co-op sketchbook project for 2012. You can find all the details on this project from the Arthouse site: http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject
I chose the title "Time Travellers" for my sketchbook. We are all time travellers, I'm a traveller from the 1960's, my parents were travellers from the 1930's and 40's and my children have been travelling since the 1980's. So, I shall be out and about in Bournemouth and Poole sketching the time travellers around me and studying how we are all spending the precious time that we have.
I shall post pictures of my sketches and descriptions of them and how I'm getting on with the project here until January, when the sketchbook has to be completed and returned.
I will also be making some of the sketches into paintings and these will be posted on my website: http://www.lavendergeorge.co.uk/
I hope you can join me on this journey.
My sketchbook is dedicated to Victor and Iris Kersey who reached the end of their journeys in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment